Thursday 31 October 2013

DESIGN PROCESS - RESPONSIVE - TASK 2

At the end of our second session we were given a small task. 

Using the content covered in the session we are to review our five initial briefs and identify one brief with scope for substantial development, the selected brief must appeal to my interests on a personal and professional level. Once the brief has been selected answer the following questions;


  • Why chosen?
  • What do I want to get out of it?
  • What do I want to produce in response?
  • What do I need to produce in response?

After answering the questions asses the brief against the eight questions given in the studio session and then create some rough visual examples of the form the response could take.


CHOSEN BRIEF





Why chosen?
  • I chose this particular brief as the winning outcomes will communicate an ethical message promoting the importance of diversity within a community. As a very ethically motivated person the brief really stood out to me as something that I wanted to produce a response for. 

What do I want to get out of it?
  • Ethical recognition - I am an ethically driven person, I like producing work that has a positive social or political impact. Entering the brief will get me recognition for being an ethically driven designer, something that is very important to my professional practice.
  • International exposure - The winning designs are printed onto billboard sized material and displayed as part of an outdoor exhibition in America.
  • Experience - I will gain experience from analyzing the brief to formulate a functional appropriate response, and working to a deadline. 
  • Benefits my practice - The brief is very open in regards to creative freedom as there are no restrictions to media or how the response is created, this allows me to tailor my response to suit my individual design practice.  

What do I want to produce in response?
  • I want to create a very illustrative response that does not rely heavily on type to communicate its message (universally understandable).

What do I need to produce in response?
  • Responses need to promote a message of diversity and raise awareness of the benefits of inclusion and the rejection of prejudice. 
  • The response should visually capture the viewers attention and promote the intended message.
  • No restrictions in regards to media.
  • The response must be submitted at a specific size and format. 



ASSESSING THE BRIEF


What is the problem?
  • Lack of knowledge about the benefits of diversity and treating people in the correct manner.

What are they asking you to do?
  • Create a visual response that captures the viewers attention and promotes a positive message about the benefits of diversity.

What are they trying to achieve?
  • A raised awareness of diversity, hopefully causing people in the surrounding area to act more positively towards each other.

Who will benefit?
  • Firstly, I will benefit as I will gain  international exposure for an ethical piece of work.
  • Secondly, anyone who is affected positively by the messages communicated by the work.

What is the message?
  • Promote a message of diversity and raise awareness of the benefits of inclusion and the rejection of prejudice. 

Who is the target audience?
  • People living in the surrounding areas who act unjustly to each other.
  • More aimed at teenagers and young adults.

How will the message be delivered?
  • Through a large billboard advertisement.

Can you see a problem?
  • No

VISUAL RESPONSES


No comments:

Post a Comment