Unfortunately, I had not checked eStudio that morning and so did not know the criticism was going to take place, because of this I only had a limited amount of visuals to present which affected the relevance of the feedback received.
The image below displays the range of A4 sheets presented;
Moreover, the image below displays the feedback I received form the session.
- New packaging poreffered.
- Add lid to design.
- New packaging will be easier to craft and print onto.
- New packaging fits with the design better than previous idea.
- Lid will help to secure items in place.
As I was so unprepared for the criticism I spoke to Lorraine who informed me that there was a period of time the next day for one-on-one student and tutor criticisms. Therefore, I decided to arrange my project elements and utilise the one-on-one time to receive informed feedback on my projects development.
Below is a picture of some of the items presented.
- Bottle range.
- Development sheets.
- Inspiration sheet - taken from research.
During the critique I had time to talk through the project and explain the individual choices made and how they have relevance to the project and research area. After I had finished talking through the project Lorraine gave me some feedback which is documented below.
- Product scope - Where would the product be sold? - shop should reflect product.
- In-store Branding - consider in store branding, shelving, product delivery - how will these decisions reflect the outcome?
- Online presence - Website and social media campaign to support & promote the product.
- Product aesthetic comes across as male due to the dark masculine colour pallet - this actually reflects the nature of the product.
- Synopsis tag - will help users understand the product and its history.
After reviewing and analysing the feedback received from the one-on-one critique with Lorraine I formed a list of responses to help the project progress from the criticism.
- Collect primary research into possible store locations.
- Collect primary research reviewing the in-store branding of existing products.
- Assess project timescale and consider producing an online campaign.
- Explore synopsis tag in more detail.